The Smile Organization ensures that all poor urban children receive free education. They are not able to obtain an education as a result of funds or other circumstances. We investigate those issues and attempt to resolve them. Every individual has the fundamental right to an education. As an NGO, we work to safeguard all citizens fundamental rights. We try to address every issue, from food to clothing to medicine to education.
Despite widespread recognition of the value of education, many children remain illiterate. According to data, approximately 35 million percent of children 6 to 14 are illiterate. About 53% of girls between the ages of 5to 9 years are not educated. So many illiterate people are a serious problem for any country. We must work to reduce this figure.
A more educated population shift into a more stable and developed economy. As a result, if we want to grow business and employment in India, we must address these issues with a clear vision and plan. Countless skilled individuals in India are still unemployed. They move outside of India or from place to place in search of work. To ensure survival, people get influenced by a lack of employment.
Yes, survival is critical, but selecting the wrong path is not. Smile Organization makes certain that if a person is unable or unwilling to learn, we instruct them on skills. Their abilities will enable them to earn a living. They will never choose the wrong path if they have enough to live on.
Smile Organization Helps Poor Children
Smile Organization provides them with the necessary items for education. Apart, from this, we also organize classes online through video calling. Our NGO sees this as the best way to engage with children. We often visit slum localities and try our level best to educate. We also organize many different activities such as dancing, painting competition, and other talent showcases competition.
Though apart from children we talk to their adults and aware them of the positives of education. Due to low-income backgrounds, they can’t afford gadgets such as mobile, laptops, and many more. Therefore, we make them aware of their whereabouts. We often talk about all the major topics of their interest and development.
There are many important issues our ngo addresses on daily basis but today, we are discussing education for the poor. When we talk about educating poor people, we only think of educating them rather we should focus on giving education with value.
“The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values.” – William S. Burroughs.
From ancient times, we believe in the value of education our culture is deeply rooted in this type of education system. Education is powerful which shapes and helps in increasing value.
What is Value Education?
Value Education focuses on the growth of individuals’ personalities to guide they’re life and deal with challenging circumstances with ease. It shapes children so that they are sensitive to changing situations while performing their socio-cultural, moral, and socially progressive duties effectively. The significance of value education can be understood through its benefits, which include the progress of physical and psychological aspects, the teaching of manners, the development of a sense of friendship, the nationalistic pride spirit, and the development of tolerance.
This type of learning cannot be considered a different practice, but rather a feature fundamental to the educational system. Simply problem-solving should not be the goal; a clear reason, as well as motive, should take into account. Understanding the significance of value education has many aspects.
Here are some of the reasons why value education is both necessary and important in today’s world: It aids in making good decisions in tough circumstances, thereby improving decision-making skills.
- It develops in students important values such as compassion, love and kindness, and caring.
- It develops children’s interests as they form their preferences and values. This contributes to students’ skill development.
- It also promotes a sense of fellowship and national pride, helping students in becoming more open-minded and accepting of all cultures and religions.
- It provides a positive direction to a student’s life by teaching them the proper values and ethics.
- It assists students in discovering their real purpose in serving society and aiming to be a better-looking version of themselves.
- With experience comes a variety of new duties. This can sometimes result in a feeling of worthlessness, which can lead to an increase in anxiety disorders, mid-career disasters, and growing dissatisfaction with one’s life. Value education tries to fill a gap in people’s daily lives.
Objective of Value Education
The significance of value education in today’s world is different. It’s indeed essential that it be part of a child’s education career as well as after that to guarantee that moral values and ethics are instilled in them.
The following are the primary goals of value education:
- To ensure that a child’s personality development is approached holistically in terms of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects
- Instilling a spirit of patriotism as well as good citizen values
- Educating students on the value of brotherhood at the social, national, and international levels
- Trying to foster a spirit of curiosity and love of learning toward traditional norms by developing basic manners, responsibility, and cooperation
- Educating students on how to make good decisions based on moral principles
- Encouragement of a representative democracy way of thinking.
Traditional Education Value v/s Modern Education Value
For humans to experience both traditional and modern education is important for personal development, discovering them what they want in life, and give them the right direction to achieve that.
Value education is essential because it teaches students about the true value of things. This makes him realize that everything has a cost in life. It teaches him that there is nothing free in life. Everything comes with a price. This is a valuable message for the students to understand, as it will help them later in life.
When educators are taught this lesson early in life, this will end up serving them well for the rest of their lives. Value education also aids in the formation of a sense of accountability in students. This is critical for everyone, and yet particularly for our youngsters. We must provide right guidance and care about education to our youth if we are to keep them away from drugs and crime.
Smile Organization helps poor children living in slums in getting a valuable education. There is a transformation in the education system of India that will surely be a revolution. Previously, there was only a focus on education, but now the focus has shifted to providing value education. In addition, to develop practical skills among each child.
For any kind of guidance or support, you can write us at [email protected]. Visit our website to understand our work in detail. Click on https://smileindiatrust.org/to know more about us. Follow us on various social media platforms. We are available on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter